Let's continue on with staples I keep around my place at all times.
I completely fell in love with lemons this year. I had no idea how wonderful they are for our health until they kept popping up in the blogs and news letters of nutritionists and health gurus I follow.
Here are a few reasons why lemons are great and you should get them in your body everyday.
- Support immune function
- Alalize the body
- Aid digestion
- Clear skin (internally and externally taken)
- Promotes healing
- Associated with boosting liver’s function and tissue regeneration
- Have strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers
- Can be used as a weight loss aid
- Contain many substances--notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene--that promote immunity and fight infection
It doesn’t sound like much but starting your day with a warm cup of water with lemon juice in it changes everything! It starts the detoxifying process so that your system is ready to go when you consume your first meal.
In addition to lemon water in the morning I put lemon in salads, juices, dressings and so much more. When I’m in a rush I’ll make this salad; it is splendidly simple and shockingly satisfying.
- Mixed greens
- Pumpkin seeds (or hemp, sunflower - whatever you have)
- Lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Applied topically lemon juice is a great natural toner, can help with acne, and reduce the appearance of scars.
This is one simple way to make yourself a priority daily!