You all know I'm a huge fan of raw foods like juice, smoothies, cheesecake and pasta for their living, nutrient dense properties; lately i've been wanting to expand. I used to have oatmeal almost everyday but in the warm weather my body just didn't want it - and sometimes I was being left very tired and over full. Then I discovered raw and grain free oatmeal from one of my favorite nutritionists.
Hopefully you have seen my cinnamon buckwheat pancake blog (because you are really missing out if not) to learn the incredible benefits of raw groats. So here is a raw way to incorporate groats in your diet.
Fast, easy, delicious, and nutrient dense - the perfect breakfast! I felt full and energetic for hours after this.
What you need
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup soaked oat groats or buckwheat groats
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Water as needed
Possible supper food additions
- Cinnamon to taste
- Chia Seeds
- Cayenne Pepper
- Cacao Nibs
- Cacao Powder
- Soak groats overnight then rinse well.
- Place groats and avocado in a food processor. and processes well.
- Add salt and maple syrup pulse until well mixed.
- If you want a smoother consistency add water and mix.
- Top with super food additions and enjoy!
To really make yourself a priority have some celery, carrot sticks or a handful of greens before hand to alkaline your body and prepare your GI tract.