Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kombucha Kamp



Many exciting things have been happening lately. Today I have an interview and a new nutrition client reached out to me for a consultation! It just feels like one of those days were there is so much opportunity.

I’ve also been working out more regularly and am seeing the changes in my body I wanted; I’ve had the opportunity to train friends this week which has been very rewarding. I am now also taking training clients so if anyone wants to get in shape for the New Year hit me up!

This week I rediscovered something very near and dear to my health. Kombucha. If you have never had it you are really missing out! When I was touring full time I would drink this as much as I could get my hands on it and I swear it kept me alive and was a very easy way to make myself a priority. 

So what the crap is kombucha? Simply put it is a fermented tea. This drink is so packed full of benefits I am officially adding it to Plant Based Paige’s staples.

There are many great kombucha companies out there; I really like GT’s and another brand that I can’t think of to save my life, but there are many. Unfortunately for me, it isn’t financially responsible to buy it regularly. So I decided to get all DIY about it and found Kombucha Kamp!

The lovely Hannah (Kombucha Mama) leads an informative short class that teaches Los Angeloneans everything they need to know about making komucha and why you should drink it. Her energy, glowing skin, and optimistic attitude are reasons enough to make anyone want to consume this power elixir but on top of it she is informed, well spoken and a wonderful teacher. I had such a blast in her class and immediately purchased my kit to start at home. If you don’t live in Los Angeles you can still learn from her ten years of experience through video and get your kit online. I highly encourage you to check it out.

Benefits I have experienced from regular kombuch consumption: clearer skin, better moods, more energy, regularity, and better digestion. But there is more!

Pulled directly from the Kombucha Kamp website:
*Probiotics – healthy bacteria
*Alkalize the body – balances internal pH
*Detoxify the liver – happy liver = happy mood
*Increase metabolism – rev your internal engine
*Improve digestion – keep your system moving
*Rebuild connective tissue – helps with arthritis, gout, asthma, rheumatism
*Cancer prevention
*Alleviate constipation
*Boost energy – helps with chronic fatigue
*Reduce blood pressure
*Relieve headaches & migraines
*Reduce kidney stones
*High in antioxidants – destroy free-radicals that cause cancer
*High in polyphenols
*Improve eyesight
*Heal excema – can be applied topically to soften the skin
*Prevent artheriosclerosis
*Speed healing of ulcers – kills h.pylori on contact
*Help clear up candida & yeast infections
*Aid healthy cell regeneration
*Reduce gray hair
*Lower glucose levels – prevents spiking from eating 


I’ve also read about kombucha helping in weight loss, and in fighting cancer.

I could go on forever about this but I’m pretty sure most people stopped reading this long ass blog already.

Take the kombucha challenge. Add 2-4oz to your morning routine (on an empty stomach) and let me know how you feel  in the comments below. 

My first batch wont be finished until after the holiday's but you can expect updates!  

No comments:

Post a Comment