Monday, December 24, 2012

Healthy Holiday Treats – Rice Crispy Treats (vegan and gluten free)



Just like everyone else I was in a treat making mode over the last week. I was testing new recipes, making  thank you cheesecakes, creating warm winter meals to show my affection and making healthy gift boxes for the people in my life.

With so many treats I was able to create different versions of Healthy Holiday Treats and a second blog! Lucky you.

This one has: Mini Cheesecake - Raw Red Velvet Cookies - Rice Crispy Treats - Raw Brownies


Rice Crispy Treats

  • 1 cup brown rice syrup
  • 2/3 cup almond butter
  • Dash of vanilla
  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of cinnamon 
  • 3 Cups gluten free brown rice cereal
Directions
  •  Over medium heat warm brown rice syrup, almond butter, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until mixture is smooth and bubbling a little.
  • Remove from heat and combine with brown rice cereal.
  • Pour into an oiled pan (I use coconut oil), flatten and let cool.
 These take literally 5 min to prepare and are stupidly good. They remind me of elementary school when you would bring in treats on your birthday. I made traditional rice crispy treats and accidentally melted a spatula into the marshmallow - o how far I have come. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.
    holiday recipes

    ReplyDelete