The other day I posted a blog with a recipe for Roasted Kabocha Squash with Sage and Rosemary that was part of a very special dinner. As promised here is the recipe for the other side dish!
Also, let's not kid ourselves here they just sound fancy!
You will need
· 1 cup black-eye peas (soaked over night)
· ¼ teaspoon sea salt
· ½ tbsp tamari
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· Oil for frying (coconut, safflower, or toasted sesame seed)
· Handful chopped fresh parsley
· Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
· Blend until you get fine shreds of bean – don’t blend into a pulp.
· The mixture should be slightly wet and hold together.
· Make small palm sized croquettes.
· Heat oil in a pan and fry about 4 minutes on each side.
· ¼ cup barley malt or maple syrup to make it gluten free
· ½ - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
· Heat barley or maple syrup and mustard over low heat until it bubbles.
· Pour over croquettes.
· Serve hot.
Add a healthy holiday dessert to the end of this meal and everyone will be impressed!
As we are in the holiday season I hope you are still finding ways to make yourself a priority. We can get really caught up in making others happy and gift giving, which is wonderful, but don't forget about yourself!