The Holidays are quickly approaching. I’m overwhelmingly excited because for the first time in a number of years my entire family will be together. I’m very fortunate to have a family that I like, love, respect, enjoy and have a great time with. It’s going to be amazing!!!
We already know that the holidays are time consuming, can affect our health when we gorge on unhealthy foods and also break the bank. However, I have some ideas that can help with gifting, treating yourself and keeping yourself (and health) a priority.
I give you healthy gift boxes.
If you need a last minute gift, or are looking for a way to wow your loved ones with delicious treats, here are a few ideas.
Raw Candied Walnuts:
- Soak 3 cups of walnuts for 6 hours
- In a bowl combine
- One half cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour over walnuts and mix very well
- Dehydrate for 12-24 hours at 115 degrees and enjoy!
- No dehydrator? Preheat oven to 350 degrees bake for 5 min. Check to see if they are done, if not put back in for 1-2 minutes at a time until crunchy. (this will make them not raw but still amazing!)
Put in a pretty little box or tin and you have a fancy, healthy, thoughtful gift!
Version two coming at you soon!