- Contains 112% of the daily recommended value of vitamin A & four times more vitamin A than lettuce.
- Higher in beta-carotene than carrots.
- The iron and calcium content is greater than spinach.
- 32 percent daily value of vitamin C per cup of leaves.
- Contains vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, C, E, P, and D, biotin, inositol, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc, and many other trace elements and enzymes.
- Contains the antioxidant lutein, which is good for healthy vision.
- Rich in inulin, this is a prebiotic, which actually feeds and encourages the growth of the beneficial bacteria in the gut as well as balancing blood sugar and diabetes.
- The flowers contain lecithin, this helps the liver to break down fats and improves brain function.
- The milky sap found in the leaves and flower stems have been used to remove warts, corns, callouses and other stubborn skin maladies.
- Cleanses the blood and liver, and increases bile production.
- Reduces serum cholesterol and uric acid levels.
- Improves functioning of the kidneys, pancreas, spleen and stomach.
- Relieves menopausal symptoms.
- Useful for abscesses, anemia, boils, breast tumors, cirrhosis of the liver, constipation, fluid retention, hepatitis, jaundice, and rehumastism.
- Believed to help prevent age spots and breast cancer.
- Cleanses the skin and eliminates acne.
- 1 handful dandelion
- 1 handful basil
- 1/2 tbsp miso
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup of nuts (pine, hazelnuts, walnuts, and/or hemp seed - I like to switch it up for this blog I did mostly hazelnuts and a bit of pine)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (if you want to reduce oil split this with water)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan parm (1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and a pinch of sea salt - process all together until finally ground up)
- Kelp granuals
- Crushed red pepper
- Put everything in a food processor and run until smooth.
- If you want it a bit thinner add water until desired consistency is reached.
- To eat this raw use as a dip for veggies or put over kelp noodles. Also fantastic with rice.
|Wild and Basmati Rice|
This takes all of 5 minutes! What an easy way to make yourself a priority.
Facts from Tera Warner and Prescription for Nutritional Healing